The vision of the Altoona Area High School
Q-SITE Council for the 21st century is to provide the opportunity for
faculty, staff, parents and community to develop, through
communication, a sense of ownership, spirit, and pride in the school.
Not only must students be prepared academically; they must be
nurtured with a sense of cultural awareness which includes an
appreciation of the arts, of tolerance, of diversity, and the
The AAHS Q-SITE Council believes that the
Altoona Area High School will:
- Create life-long learners.
- Develop independent learning
- Foster Mt. Lion Pride and school
- Encourage the use of communication
skills that promote understanding.
- Encourage community ownership in the
school and its mission.
- Advocate positive and meaningful
educational experiences for all students.
- Promote excellence in academics, the
arts, athletics and life skills.
- Encourage the development of
- Encourage the development of students'
technological competencies to better prepare them to meet the
demands of a changing world.
- Strengthen and nurture the development
Baker Elementary School will strive for
quality education through innovative and creative methods of service,
respect for all people and collaboration through shared participation
and mutual responsibility.
At Baker, we believe in:
- Continuously improving the educational
and learning environment through understanding and acting on the
needs and expectations of those being served.
- Dedication to the effective management
of resources in a responsible manner.
- Continually searching for creative and
alternative methods of service.
- Treating all people with respect because
each person has dignity and value.
- Being committed to meeting the needs of
the educational community through shared participation and mutual
We envision an Ebner School which produces
responsible and respectful citizens. As a center for innovation,
learning and up-to-date technology, Ebner will be the connecting link
between home and community. Ebner students will realize that learning
is a life-long commitment supported by dedicated staff and concerned
parents, but only filled to its potential as the learners become
responsible for the learning themselves.
At Ebner, we believe:
- That safety for the staff, students and
parents will be our highest priority.
- Students should show courtesy and
respect for all school staff and each other, throughout the school
- Students will leave our school with a
life-long love and excitement of learning with an ability to put
that learning to use.
- That teachers, students and parents will
utilize technology within the classroom and computer lab in
conjunction with regular classroom work.
- Students leaving Ebner School will read,
write and compute to the best of their abilities.
- That there should be a school and
community partnership with an "open-door" feeling.
McAuliffe Heights Program at Irving Elementary
McAuliffe Heights at Irving will enrich
educational programs and develop an awareness and respect for
diversity among our students, thus becoming successful, responsible
At McAuliffe Heights, we will:
- Ensure a safe learning environment for
- Provide innovative instruction through
the use of Multiple Intelligence Theory, Cooperative Learning,
Looping, Interdisciplinary Units and Exploring Individual
Differences among learners.
- Create child-centered classrooms where
students are actively engaged in hands-on activities.
- Present lessons with links to real life
situations utilizing technology to prepare students for the 21st
- Maintain a constancy of purpose with all
staff members working towards a common goal of success for each
- Work closely with parents to create a
positive learning community.
Juniata Elementary School will serve as the
foundation for the future of our students. We will use available
resources, including innovations in technology, to provide the
fundamentals of education for a diverse population. We will maintain
a safe and disciplined environment for all students. We will work
with faculty, parents, community and students to ACHIEVE these goals.
We will work to fulfill the expectations which the ACHIEVE Program
has set forth.
At Juniata, we believe that:
- Our school will maintain a safe, secure,
and enthusiastic environment that will encourage students to
achieve to their potential while fostering the students' love of
- The expanded use of an integrated
computer learning program in the classroom and computer lab will
enhance the integration of the curriculum.
- By working with parents, teachers and
students to initiate and monitor a two year looping pattern in
grades 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6, student achievement will
- By implementing and monitoring a School
Compact that encompasses the classroom, school cafeteria,
transportation and district expectations, a quality school
supported by students, parents, teachers and administration will
be the end result.
- The delivery of integrated units that
incorporate the Multiple Intelligences and Learning Style Theories
will meet the needs of both regular and special education students
without compromising the learning of either.
- Self-discipline, a strong work ethic and
confidence in one's ability to excel, are essential for students
to become productive citizens.
We , in the Juniata Gap Elementary
Community, believe that our children are our greatest natural
resource. Juniata Gap's Q-SITE Council will provide opportunities for
enrichment to the school's educational programs through innovative
and creative methods. Students, staff, parents and the community will
collaborate to produce a positive and productive learning
At Juniata Gap, we believe in:
- Quality Education.
- Making the students our first
- Encouraging and supporting our excellent
and innovative staff.
- Partnerships with home, school and
- Appropriate individualized learning
- Developing the greatest potential in
- Promoting respect, obedience, concern,
- Students and staff having a right to a
safe and orderly learning environment.
Students exiting Logan Elementary School
will read, write, and compute to the best of their abilities; will
possess a life-long love of learning; will have instilled an
increased understanding and acceptance of diversified learners; will
demonstrate respect and care of the universe; and will respect people
of all genres, ages, religions, and ethnic backgrounds.
At Logan, we believe that:
- Advocacy for students is the
responsibility of all persons in the educational
- Human diversity is a vital
characteristic of public education.
- Education must be measured in terms of
individual achievement relative to ability.
- Excellence is worth the
- All individuals possess multiple
- The staff is responsible, innovative,
efficient, excellent, accountable, and professional.
- We are striving to be a school of
- We are a safe school that maintains high
- Parents and the community are partners
- Staff professionalism, through
assimilation of quality teaching practices, is
- High standards of student achievement
Penn-Lincoln Elementary School students will
be prepared for success in the 21st century. This will be
accomplished by exposure to technology, hands-on learning, and active
involvement in the learning process. The educational process will be
designed to address individual differences while focusing on the
belief that all students are capable learners. Parent and community
participation will have an important role in this process. All
students will be educated in a safe and secure environment that
promotes responsibility, manners, self-esteem, and
At Penn-Lincoln, we believe:
- Parents and community are important
contributors to the educational success of children.
- Our school should be a flexible learning
- Every student can learn when presented
with appropriate curriculum.
- A pleasant atmosphere should exist among
all members of the school.
- All students should demonstrate
responsibility for their actions and pride in their
- Students should see the relationship
between the taught curriculum and the real world.
- Manners, coping skills, and conflict
resolutions will help students succeed in life.
Valley Elementary School
Pleasant Valley Elementary School will
strive to prepare students for the twenty-first century by delivering
the curriculum in an innovative and creative manner. People skills
and character education will be taught to make each and every student
productive citizen of our country, state, and community.
At Pleasant Valley, we believe:
- That students leaving our school will
read, write, compute, and speak to the best of their
- That each students' lifelong love of
learning will be enhanced.
- In providing opportunities for maximum
achievement and continuously searching for effective service
- That all students have dignity, value,
- In promoting individualism and
self-esteem for all students, families, and staff.
- That shared participation and mutual
responsibility is the expectation of the educational system and
the partnerships that are established with the business
Our vision is that students will be given
every opportunity to demonstrate creativity, challenge their own
capabilities, appreciate individual differences, and become lifelong
learners. Our TEAM effort (Together Educating All Minds) will bond us
in a positive effort directed toward this mission.
At Washington-Jefferson, we believe
- Making the students our #1
- Ensuring a safe and secure learning
environment for our children.
- Providing innovative instruction through
the use of Multiple Intelligence Theory, Cooperative Learning,
Looping, Indisciplinary Units, and exploring individual
differences among learners.
- Creating child-centered classrooms where
students are actively engaged.
- Ensuring success in the Read To Succeed
Program, providing an additional 30 minutes of reading instruction
to every student, daily.
- Presenting lessons with links to real
life situations utilizing technology to prepare our children for
the 21st Century.
- Helping students develop a positive
self-esteem, thus, promoting independence.
- Total quality TEAM work from all staff,
and encouraging parents to become active participants in their
- Maintaining a constancy of purpose with
all TEAM members, working toward a common goal of success for each
We envision that Wright Elementary will be a
safe and secure place in which our students will learn. The Wright
Staff, parents, and the community will work collaboratively to
nurture a positive and productive learning climate for all students.
Students will be encouraged and taught to solve problems and make
decisions that benefit themselves and others. Student achievement
will be assessed continually to monitor progress. Teachers and
students will be held accountable to high standards, not only
academically, but in conduct as well. Wright Elementary students will
be encouraged to be responsible, respectful, self-disciplined members
of a community.
At Wright Elementary, we believe
- Children come first.
- Children are our link to the future;
therefore, they are the mutual responsibility of parents, school,
and the community.
- Staff and students have a right to a
safe and secure learning environment.
- Students can achieve academically to
their highest potential.
- Character traits conducive to
appropriate behavior and positive attitudes can be
Copyright by Q-SITE, Altoona
Area School District